Clothing donations from individuals, schools, offices and places of worship keep our clothing room stocked with seasonally appropriate clothes for children and adults. Bread for the City clients receive clothing Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 10:00 am-2:00 pm at our Southeast Center.
Learn more about how to receive clothes from Bread for the City.
Did You Know…
- Last year, we clothed 2,431 children and their families.
- Clients with upcoming job interviews or new jobs can receive professional clothing from our clothing room.
Want to Donate Clothing?
Clothing is accepted at either center during normal business hours — Monday through Thursday 9am to 5pm. We are closed on Fridays after noon. We ask that clothing be seasonally appropriate. Plus-sized items are especially needed in our clothing room.
We are always especially in need of the following:
* Ladies’ large size clothing
* Men’s clothing
* Children’s books
* Department store shopping bags
In order to maintain a quality, organized clothing stock, we ask the following:
* Clothing items must be clean
* Clothing items must be in season
* Clothing items must be hung, boxed or in sturdy shopping bags
Please note that we cannot accept the following:
* Donations in black trash bags
* Computers and fax machines
* Large household items
* Large exercise equipment
* Bundles of wire hangers