Now Hiring: Communications Manager
Written on Wednesday, September 24, 2014 at 8:29 am by Kristin Valentine in Bread for the City, Devo, Employment, Fundraising, Now Hiring
Do you like this blog? Do you like to see posts? We do too! That’s why we’re hiring a Communications Manager. Apply! Help us write stuff!
Bread for the City seeks a full-time Communications Manager to lead the communications arm of the Development Department. This is a new position at Bread for the City, and one that the qualified candidate will enjoy molding into their own.
The Communications Manager is a fundraising position that strategically plans and executes BFC’s mail program, email and online fundraising program, social media strategy, and all engagement with traditional and nontraditional media. This position will work closely with both the development and executive team to raise funds and increase Bread for the City’s local and national profile through these communications platforms.
The ideal candidate has five years of proven experience, is creative, and is a self-starter. He or she will be able to work in a fast-paced — yet casual — environment, will be flexible, and will excel at managing up. The Communications Manager will be based at our Northwest Center and report to the Chief Development Officer and Associate Director of Development.
• Lead the organization’s strategic thinking, planning and execution on marketing and fundraising communications;
• Increase the visibility of the Chief Executive Officer in local and national media as Bread for the City’s leader, spokesperson, and industry thought leader;
• Manage all online communications;
• Manage BFC’s robust mail program;
• Work with the Board of Directors’ Branding Committee to meet communications’ goals as identified in the organization’s strategic plan;
• Other duties as assigned.
Bread for the City seeks candidates who are creative, results-oriented, and have strong project management skills. The Communications Manager will have:
• 3-5 years of media and PR experience;
• A strategic mindset about communications and marketing;
• Experience working with WordPress;
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills;
• Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills;
• Ability to think strategically, meet deadlines, and to work within a team;
• A clear, intelligent and playful voice able to convey our vision and culture in communications;
• A demonstrated commitment to social justice.
Bread for the City is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, family responsibility, physical or mental disability, medical condition, status as a veteran, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, except where a bona fide occupational qualification applies.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and overall qualifications and competitive in the non-profit sector of Washington, DC. Bread for the City offers full benefits, health & dental insurance, 403(b) plan, 15 paid vacation days, 2 personal days, and federal holidays.
Please email your resume with a cover letter that speaks to your interest and qualifications to: email@example.com with “Communications Manager” in the subject line. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.